On behalf of the members of the Board, Management team and staff of the MSCI, allow me to convey to you my warmest greetings and best wishes. I hope that everything is well with you and your respective families.
I would also like to take this opportunity to express my deepest gratitude for your unwavering support of the Club, especially during the period of enhanced community quarantine imposed to prevent the further spread of COVID-19.
I am particularly happy to report that with the continued payment of your monthly membership dues, we have been able to pool the necessary resources not only to maintain the basic operations of the Club, but also to undertake initiatives aimed at mitigating the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the community.
In this regard, it is my pleasure to inform you that:
- We have managed to continuously pay the salaries of all regular employees to help them meet their basic needs
- We have been able to extend financial support to other members of the MSCI family, including the tennis coaches, trainers, ball boys, as well as the gardener and therapist – all 40 of them – plus the 9 personnel working in the beauty salon and barber shop, thereby compensating for their loss of income resulting from the enhanced community quarantine.
- We have provided food and sleeping quarters for the Club’s maintenance and security personnel to ensure that the facilities and premises of the Club remain adequately maintained and secured.
- We were able to allocate funds to finance the Club initiative of donating packed meals for the healthcare workers and other personnel of Makati Medical Center (250 packed lunches and another 250 packed dinners daily from March 28 to April 11, for a total of 7,500 packed meals amounting to ₱900,000.00.
Looking ahead, and in anticipation of the possible easing of the enhanced community quarantine after April 30, I wish to advise you that we plan to tentatively re-open the Club effective May 2, 2020, with operating hours from 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM. We will adopt corresponding guidelines in compliance with the modified restrictions that may be implemented by relevant authorities at that time.
The facilities and services that will be opened during that transition period will be as follows:
- Food & Beverage Outlets (Alfresco)
- Log Cabin
- Pavilion Hall
- Club Delicatessen (Take-out orders only)
- Racquet Sports
- Swimming Pool
- Gym (Sports equipment will be located outside and along the hallway following strict physical distancing guideline)
- Beauty Parlor and Barber Shop (By appointment only)
- Male Locker Rooms (Clubhouse and Pavilion)
- Ladies Locker Room (Clubhouse only)
Realizing that Club members may already be missing some of the special food products offered by the Club, we will allow the Reservations Office (please dial 8817-18-69; 8817-87-31 to 39 locals 444/446/661) to take orders for free delivery service within the Makati area for the following:
- Family style menu package for group of 5, 10, or 15pax
(please allow 1day lead time)
- Corporate style menu package for lunches/meriendas/dinners with minimum of 25pax
(please allow 2 days lead time)
- Club Delicatessen products (Breads, cakes, and pastries)
- Frozen Products
Members may use their monthly consumables of 750 pesos for food delivery services, provided a minimum order worth 1,000 pesos is placed. Please visit the Club website for the complete list of your favorite food in the menu.
Reservations will also be accepted for limited banquet functions for members only (with strict social / physical distancing to be observed).
By resuming the operations of the above-mentioned facilities and services, we hope not only to partly re-coup the income losses incurred during the enhanced community quarantine period, but also to help sustain the Club’s operations in the weeks and months ahead, until such time that some level of normalcy in our overall operations is restored.
Rest assured that we will continue to monitor the situation as it develops, and that we will be prepared to adjust our operations and policies wherever necessary. We will remain vigilant and not let our guard down during these extraordinary times. Meanwhile, we are gearing ourselves to ensure that we can operate optimally and are ready when the situation turns around. We will also make sure that we continue to provide a safe and comfortable environment for our members and employees.
Once again, on behalf of the Board members, the Management team, the employees, and the extended family of MSCI, I thank you for your continued support and patronage of our facilities and services. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the Club.
In the meantime, may you and your family remain safe and healthy.