Dear Valued Members:
In anticipation of the government’s expected decision to bring back the National Capital Region (NCR) to GCQ status on August 19, the Club wishes to announce the proposed implementation of the following operational guidelines and protocols effective on that date.
I. OPERATION OF THE CLUB FACILITIES AND SERVICES
- Sports and Recreation Facilities and Services
- The Sports and Recreation facilities and services will be open from 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- The following sports and recreation facilities will resume operations:
- Indoor Tennis Courts
- Outdoor Tennis Courts
- Badminton Courts
- Squash Courts
- Locker Rooms
- Swimming Pool
- Barber Shop
- Beauty Parlor
- For reservation and appointment, please call 8-8178731 locals 552 or 220. Please note that only those with confirmed reservations will be allowed to use the facilities.
- Please visit www.makatisportsclub.com/sports-and-recreation for more details
- Food and Beverage Outlets
- Operating time is from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- The following food and beverage outlets will re-open:
- Club Delicatessen (for food pick-up and delivery services and orders of food packages)
- Please visit www.makatisportsclub.com/dining-outlets/ for more details
- For additional inquiries, you may call 8-8178731 locals 444, 445, 446 and look for Lolita, Beng, and Neth.
II. GUIDELINES AND PROTOCOLS
The Club will continue to strictly adhere to the following guidelines and protocols to ensure the general safety of everyone concerned:
- Only members, spouses, and dependents will be allowed to use the Club’s facilities.
- Upon entry, members and their companions will be subjected to body temperature check and will be required to accomplish the health questionnaire and Club waiver through the QR Code.
- Those without face masks and face shields will not be allowed entry.
- Foot baths will be made available at strategic areas.
- Physical distancing will be strictly implemented.
- Loitering around the Club is prohibited.
We will provide you updates and other relevant information, if any, as they become available.
Thank you for your kind attention and cooperation, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Club.
Dear Valued Stockholders and Members:
I write on behalf of the members of the Club Board of Directors.
In yesterday’s press briefing, Malacanang – heeding to the appeal of the medical community announced that parts of the Philippines, including Metro Manila will revert to Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine (MECQ), which means that strict home quarantine shall be observed in all households, and the movement of all residents shall be limited to accessing essential goods and services, and for work in permitted offices or establishments. Mass gatherings are likewise prohibited.
Thus, the Board in a Special Meeting held today, resolved to postpone the scheduled Annual Stockholders’ Meeting to 25 August 2020, 2:00 pm, at the Makati (Sports) Club, Inc., subject to change depending on the guidelines that will be established by the government after 18 August 2020. The Agenda are the same.
Thank you for your understanding and support.
Dear Valued Members:
In compliance with the government's most recent directive to revert Metro Manila to Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine (MECQ), the Club's services - including all racket sports and dine-in operations and facilities - will temporarily be closed from August 4 until August 18, 2020.
However, the food take-out and delivery services will continue as usual from 8am to 5pm but with limited manpower in place.
Accordingly, the Annual Stockholders' Meeting (ASM), which is scheduled on August 5, 2020 will now be further postponed. The tentative new date is August 25 at 2 pm.
Please note, however, that there is always a possibility that the meeting date will again be moved should the MECQ be extended anew.
For your information and guidance.
Thank you very much for your kind attention.
NOTICE OF ANNUAL STOCKHOLDERS’ MEETING
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the annual meeting of stockholders of MAKATI (SPORTS) CLUB (“the Club”) will be held virtually via Zoom on 05 August 2020, Wednesday, at 2:00 pm.
The Agenda for the Annual Stockholders’ Meeting will be as follows:
- Call to Order
- Proof of Required Notice of the Meeting
- Reading and Approval of the Minutes of the 15 April 2019 Meeting
- Report of the President
- Reading and Approval of the 2019 Annual Financial Report
- Ratification of the Appointment of RG Manabat and Co. as External Auditor for the year 2020
- Ratification of All Acts and Resolutions of Management and the Board of Directors from April 2019 to March 2020 as reflected in the Books and Records of the Corporation
- Unfinished Business
- New Business
- Election of Directors
- Other Matters
For purposes of the said meeting, only stockholders of record as of 31 March 2020 are entitled to notice of this meeting.
To ensure the safety and welfare of the stockholders and as a precaution against exposure to the COVID-19 virus, the Club’s Board of Directors approved on 16 July 2020 to hold the 2020 stockholders’ meeting via Zoom.
In holding the online meeting, the Board of Directors decided not to allow online voting or voting in absentia since the Club’s By-laws do not allow online voting or via remote communication.
Members are encouraged to submit their proxies on or before the deadline indicated below. Proxies executed and submitted prior to the 20 April 2020 Annual Meeting will be accepted subject to validation. The directors and officers, candidates for the election of directors, and proxies will be allowed entry to the Club’s premises during the annual meeting subject to safety protocols that the Board of Directors will adopt.
- Registration for Stockholders Who Wish to Access the Online Meeting
- Submission and Validation of Proxies
Stockholders who wish to access the online meeting are required to register by 31 July 2020 through the following e-mail address: email@example.com. Stockholders who have successfully registered will receive an e-mail indicating the Zoom link for the meeting. Stockholders who fail to register within the said period will no longer be allowed to access the link.
The following dates are the deadlines for the submission and validation of proxies:
- 24 July 2020 (up to 5:00 pm) - All proxies shall have been submitted to the Membership Department of the Club
- 29 July 2020 (2:00 pm) - Validation of proxies at the Ayala Hall, Makati (Sports) Club, Inc.
Candidates for the election of directors and proxy holders are encouraged to attend the validation of proxies.
Proxies by corporations or juridical entities without nominees shall be accompanied by supporting documents (i.e., notarized Secretary’s Certificate) for inspection and validation. Unvalidated proxies will not be honored.
a. Meeting Proper
Stockholders who have access to the Zoom meeting can raise questions and concerns via chat services on Zoom platform wherein the presiding officer or his representative/s will collate and allot a period of time to answer the questions.
But to ensure a productive and orderly meeting, stockholders are encouraged to send their questions relating to items in the agenda of the meeting on or before July 21, 2020 by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Relevant questions will be answered by concerned officers during the Meeting. In case of lack of material time, the Board of Directors or its authorized representative/s will endeavor to respond to the collated questions through email.
The stockholders are hereby notified that there will be a visual and audio recording of the meeting. A link to the recorded webcast of the meeting will be posted on the Club’s official website after the meeting.
b. Election Proper
The NOMELEC will count and tabulate the votes during the Meeting. The Chairman of the NOMELEC shall then report the results of voting during the Meeting.
Dear Valued Members:
In lieu of the daily accomplishment forms (hard copies) for waiver, health monitoring, and contact tracing, the management will be implementing a more convenient and effective way to trace members and guests who regularly visit the club using a Quick Response (QR) Code.
Furthermore, as a means to adapt to the new normal brought about by the COVID 19 pandemic, the Quick Response (QR) Code which will be available effective July 15, 2020, will be activated thru a cellphone and will also serve as a guide to view our in-house ala carte menu for dine-in and take-out and food delivery service. Members and guests can also view the club's different food promotions for various occasions for take-out and hybrid catering service.
The Quick Response (QR) Code is much safer and more appropriate in this time of pandemic where the fear of the virus is still palpable among people. Rest assured that your safety is our priority and we are continuously thinking of ways to protect our members and guests as best as we can.
Thank you for your continued patronage and support.
July 7, 2020
Dear Valued Members:
Please be informed that there will be an extension of operating hours for all Racquet sports courts and swimming pool. The new operating hours for these facilities will be 7:00AM to 8:00PM effective Friday, July 10, 2020.
Kindly follow our sports guidelines as mandated to ensure the safety of all members and employees.
Please call the following numbers to reserve your time to use the sports facilities:
- Swimming Pool: 8817-8731 loc. 555
- Racquet Sports Courts: 8817-8731 loc. 552
Food outlets, the barbershop, and the beauty parlor will operate from 8:00AM to 5:00PM.
To make an appointment for your visit to the barber shop or beauty parlor, please call 8817-8731 loc. 220.
Thank you for your cooperation
Dear Valued members:
Should the Government decide to place NCR under the Modified General Community Quarantine (MGCQ) starting June 16, your Club will resume the following facilities from 7:00 a.m. To 8:00 p.m. in accordance with the new IATF guidelines:
- Sports facilities except Bowling and Dance Studio. Prior reservation is required. Please contact 8-817-8731 to 39 local 552. Please refer to the health and safety protocols uploaded on our website www.makatisportsclub.com.
- Food and Beverage outlets including Le Patisserie, Gallerie, Log Cabin, and Gazebo (except Bistro Lounge and Zobel Dining Room) at 50% seating capacity. Dining tables will be properly positioned to observe maximum physical distancing guideline. We will accommodate your a la carte orders of your favorite food as long as ingredients are available. In addition to these reopened outlets, the Club Deli will continue to accept food pick-up and delivery. For reservations, please call 8-817-8731 to 39 local 444-446. For the complete food menu, please visit www.makatisportsclub.com.
- The Barber Shop and Beauty Parlor will resume its operations. Prior reservation (1 day advance notice) is required. You may contact 8-8178731 local 555 for appointments. Please refer to the health and safety protocols for the Barber Shop and Beauty Parlor on our website www.makatisportsclub.com.
- The Club’s Cashier will now be transferred to the ground floor beside the Membership Office to receive payment of monthly dues.
Thank you very much for your continued support and cooperation. Rest assured that the health and safety of our members, employees, and guests will remain one of our priorities, and that we will continue to proactively implement precautionary measures in compliance with the new guidelines from the authorities in order to achieve this objective.Sincerely.